What is an SRES® ?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist 50+ Clients in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is only awarded to a REALTOR® who has successfully completed the required educational courses. Courses on how to help Boomers and Seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
SRES® agents also utilize the expertise of a network of senior specialists. such as estate planners, financial advisors, insurance agents, CPAs and lawyers. These REALTORS® are also familiar with local community resources and services.
Additionally, their goal is to help seniors and their families navigate financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the family home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- They have knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with the unique issues of 50+ clients.
- Works with the best interests of the client in mind.
- Takes a no-pressure approach and has a strong service orientation.
- Has the experience to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands of selling the family home and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of a 50+ client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Also has an extensive network of other senior-focused professionals. They can assist in tax counseling, financial, and other issues related to the sale.
Why Use an SRES®?
If you are over the age of 50 and considering selling your home you need a REALTOR® with Boomer and Senior experience, knowledge and marketing savvy.
Those qualities, along with a special knowledge of managing the sale of a home for those over the age of 50, are what SRES® offer that other agents cannot.
SRES® designees are certified 50+ specialists and well versed in the financial and emotional challenges Boomer and Senior clients face selling a family home.
SRES® designees not only create a customized approach to marketing and selling your property, but they also can work with you to explore your housing options. Moreover, they ensure that your next home best serves your current and future needs.
Also, when you need help from other professionals, SRES® designees can tap their network. Roy Thomas’ will put you in touch with home inspectors, home stagers, movers, lawyers, and other experts.
Furthermore, SRES® designees have all the resources, experience and knowledge to simplify the transaction. This helps to eliminate the anxiety of selling your home. Hence, SRES® designees are your trusted consultant to guide you thru the sale of your family home.
Contact Roy Thomas with your real estate needs at 902-497-3031 or online to book an appointment. Visit the Preparing to Downsize page for valuable information on downsizing your family home.